Saturday, September 01, 2007

Dear Diary

The start of a new month signals a new chapter in sisterly torture.

While H has been traipsing around the country, living it up in the land of milk and honey, finding herself, shirking her bloggerly duties - whatever you want to call it - I've been storing her possessions at my place. I'm the proud guardian of her furniture, dishes, books, cleaning supplies and gorgeous shoes that I would totally wear if only her feet weren't so freakishly small. Having spent a lot of time with H in the past, I know her stuff well. That still hasn't stopped me from poking around the boxes. Thanks to her, I've found some excellent reading materials. Probably the sweetest find of all? Her old journals.

A few years ago, we laughingly read her youthful entries and admitted how silly we were. (The wine only made it funnier.) Since I don't have any embarrassing or unflattering stories to tell about H, I thought, what better way to celebrate September than a back-to-school excerpt from H's journal?


This is the genuine article, folks. I'll pay for this later, but right now, it's worth it. More to come!

7 comments:

karla said...

My nose hairs just got burned from the coffee that I snorted out of them reading that. TOO FUNNY!

The summer before I started grade nine was the first time I met Mark at Scott Parent's house and I thought be was the biggest nerd EVER. He thought I was a bitch.

And we lived happily ever after.

Anonymous said...

M, how dare you stoop so low as to go through H's diary and post its entries on the blog! Just kidding, that was great. :)

H, you had very neat writing for Grade 9, and I didn't think you were being too snotty. This is what you get for not providing your fans with blog content!

Karla, that's hilarious!

Dr X

Kurt said...

Good Lord, I hope you got H's approval first.

H said...

Holy shit!
This is from my actual grade 9 diary. Where did you find this?!? So this is the price I pay for being away from the computer.
Oh God. My future literary prowess is conspicuously absent from this entry, no?
Okay, this totally deserves MORE embarrassing stories about M. And trust me, I've got lots. Just wait.

donjmurray said...

Poor Grandma......well this is going to get juicy, I cannot wait for the 1st boyfriend to come out.

Anonymous said...

I thought you wrote really well for a Grade 9 girl H. Most of them nowadays would have been like, "Like oh my God! I start Grade 9 soon and I'm all like scared 'n stuff. Hopefully my BFFs will be there. Wouldn't it be like so fetch if I got a boyfriend this year? GJ's coming over for dinner and I'm all like whateves."

As for more embarassing stories about M, bring on the carnage!

Dr X

Anonymous said...

haha that was good.. :)