Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Destroyer

I'm a Trekkie and proud of it. We're an easily mocked group. But you know who's not mocked nearly enough? KISS fans. And count H among them.

She fell into the KISS resurgence about 10 years ago: there were the albums, t-shirts, stickers, and God help me, action figures. (And it's always confused me: what does KISS do that necessitates drum missiles, bass battle ax or space sled?) And those figures went everywhere with H, and were proudly displayed in her bedroom and bathroom. It was cute, from a certain point of view.


She stopped short of officially joining the KISS Army, but only because she couldn't afford the premium membership.

8 comments:

H said...

Well fuck you very much for that, M. Well played...

Anonymous said...

You like KISS H? Ew! This totally changes how I feel about you. Just kidding. Those action figures are cool!

Dr X

P.S. Language H!

Squirrel said...

I had the Kiss Clown Circus dolls, er... action figures.

They included a Kiss Army Ringmaster, a Kiss Clown, a little Kiss Poodle dog --and a tiny bowling pin with a face on it that I guess was supposed to represent juggling. The set was hideously funny--50% off---
a deal! I no longer have them.

Squirrel said...

here is the link to photos of the Psycho circus dolls.

http://www.kissasylum.com/actionfigures/psycho_circus.shtml

H said...

Ha ha, Squirrel! I had those, too. I even kept them in the box. But I left them with an ex-boyfriend as a peace offering so I don't have them anymore... (Division of the assets: You take the Kiss figures, I'll take the cat.)

M said...

You can even buy KISS condoms: http://kissmuseum.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=27

What a great stocking stuffer.

Anonymous said...

Well I know what I'm asking for for Christmas!

Squirrel said...

Thank you for stopping by to check out Ace Freeley's gong holder.