Monday, July 09, 2007

Big Sister is Watching You

While H is knocking my town of choice, I've had my own issues: getting the goods, as promised, on H. She can't be the only one who brings up childhood stories.

To my surprise, it's been a hard go. Thinking back, I don't remember her doing anything particularly bratty; therefore, my memory must be faulty. What's been even worse is questioning my parents, both subtly and outright. The results? H was a "people pleaser", an "angel", "very quiet and calm", whereas I was "lively" and "scary". Not particularly useful.

Surely there's something (how else can she have infuriated me so?), I just need to find it. And figure out how she conned the parents. Luckily, I grew up reading Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden (and recently, watched Veronica Mars) and it's safe to say that I've picked up a thing or two about sleuthing, girl-style. Advantage: M.

If all works according to plan, I might be able to parlay my investigative skills into other areas, securing additional income for future visits to H. And find some good typos and earn a free coffee and muffin.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're having trouble finding any dirt on your sister because she's scrubbed her record clean by bribing and intimidating everyone. Better plan a stakeout while you're in Alberta Gumshoes!

Here's lookin' at you kid,

Dr X

Anonymous said...

I was the "angel" in my family, and it pissed my sister off too.

donjmurray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
H said...

Sorry, I would have read this whole thing through, but I was busy polishing my damned halo. The word is "expunged," people. Good luck, Private Dick M.

donjmurray said...

The Goody two shoes are always the worst Devils. Go get her M.

Mark said...

I'm sure if you asked the right people you could come up with some dirt on H.

Well maybe not dirt persa but I bet you could find her stash of booger-fibre

Kurt said...

My sisters took the water they rinsed their paintbrushes in and mixed it with the hair from their hairbrushes, then presented it to me as if it was KoolAid.

Anonymous said...

I like coffee.

Anonymous said...

so when do we see the dirt? :)