Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wild Rose Country

Today's the day I leave work early, always a much anticipated event! But more importantly, I leave for five fun-filled days with my favourite* middle sister.

I know H has worked hard planning my visit; at least, she's made others work hard. I'm packing light and I have extra money in the bank, to get the most shopping satisfaction out of my trip. Beautiful scenery awaits me too. My camera is fully charged, with a fresh memory card. I'll do my best to be a respectful tourist.

Distractions are necessary. An important part of any travel plans is reading material**, preferably magazines, and the trashier the better. I expect to return home knowing the season's best nail polish, all about flawless hair and makeup, fall's fashion preview, the right jeans for my body, various amorous techniques and different horoscope interpretations. All that - and more - will be mine.

I've also thought ahead and packed some snacks - no liquids! - to avoid the need for a questionable airline sandwich.

But the very best part? H will finally quit whining about "promises".


* Technically, my only middle sister.
** In-flight movies aren't always guaranteed or watchable.

10 comments:

H said...

A few tips regarding airline travel:
- BRING NO LIQUIDS! For the love of God, this is the first deadly sin. Small prickly objects might be okay.
- You must turn to your neighbour and say, "We have to get these motherfucking snakes off this motherfucking plane!"
- Since travellers are often on weird time clocks, it is often acceptable to drink a 5-dollar beer at, say, 10 am. Sweet.

And yes, I hope you appreciate all the hard work I've made others put into planning your visit. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Between M's travel preparations and H's hilarious advice, it's sure to be a good trip. :)

Take care M and make sure you two take some pictures for the blog. I've always wanted an in-depth look at hell!

Dr X

donjmurray said...

Har Har Har, my evil plans are finllay coming to fruition. Two down and the rest of Ontario to go. This is a secret plan by Albertans to Steal your women.

Kurt said...

Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Dammit donjmurray! Why do you have to start by stealinf our best-looking women?

Dr X

Anonymous said...

Dammit donjmurray! Why do you have to start by stealinf our best-looking women?

Dr X

Bobby D. said...

have fun you two!

donjmurray said...

HAR HAR HAR. We are sitting in DQ and eating dinosaur ice cream in dino country.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a good time and haven't got at each other's throats yet...although that would make this blog VERY interesting...:)

Anonymous said...

People should read this.