Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Au Revoir, M!

I must say, M's visit was absolutely splendidly and mostly went according to the plans I had others make. Of course, there were a few minor snags, but whatev.

First, although I believe the rule is lame and stupid and controlling, I specifically warned M in her last post NOT TO BRING LIQUID on the plane. But perhaps my saying that it is the "first deadly sin" was ambiguous to her, because she had an altercation with big-word-using security personnel at our country's largest airport. M will tell you this story in her own words.

At the really big mall we visited, M got upset because I wouldn't take her to see the roller coaster. When I couldn't find her after 10 minutes, I asked security to page a "curly blonde in a snit" and they said that someone fitting that description had just been by looking for a "short jerkass with a 'tude," and so we reunited.

We saw many sites, some of which were absolutely crawling with tourists and, worse, children tourists who were cartoonishly hyper, but all in all, I think M was impressed by some of our country's natural wonders. This graffiti we found sums up the trip nicely: You can feel the meaning, even if it is a little flawed.



(Thanks to whoever sprayed this. It made my fuken day!)

8 comments:

Bobby D. said...

What IS it with people and roller coasters anyway????

Anonymous said...

You know H, you could have told us nice stories about all the things you saw and fun times you had together, instead of pointing out the difficulties in order to make M look bad.

Just kidding, don't ever stop! That Canadian grafitti was perfect. :)

Dr X

M said...

Fuken right!

It was a great trip. And I'm pleased that you brought up my alleged security transgressions, H. You're a peach. I can't wait to tell my story.

karla said...

Airport security as so intimidating. Right up there with those secret shoppers at zellers who think I am going to steal a package of diapers that has a width and length almost twice the size of my body.

Looking forward to your story M.

Kurt said...

Another touching reunion at the security desk.

Bobby D. said...

I went to a Chinese restuarant called "FUKIEN A"
once. It was staffed by short jerkasses with 'tudes.
But the food was DELISH.

H said...

Chedwick, that is hilarious. Maybe this person wasn't really a very hungry bad speller.

Anonymous said...

haha sounds like you guys had a good time.. and hopefully M came home in one piece..any locks of hair missing????