Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shatastic!

Okay, before I go any further, here's my little stab at M:

M is a Trekkie! Oh yes. Big time.

Which leads me to the topic at hand. Lately I've found myself standing at a crossroads with far too many paths to choose. Of course, I haven't actually made any decisions (that would be the mature thing to do). But I have found myself lightening up thanks to a fellow Canadian who inspires me.

William Shatner (or The Shat, as I call him) can always make me laugh. And anyone who's seen his Roast on TV knows that he can certainly laugh at himself. And yes, I own his spoken-word album "Has Been". And yes, I think it is a fantastic emotional roller coaster. Seriously.

In the end, I realized that no matter how confused I feel, the fate of the Enterprise and its 5,000-crew is never in my hands, and I never have to decide between two hot aliens just before I have a melodramatic fake fight in which my shirt is strategically torn.



He can even keep you regular. What can't this man do?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you and M for admitting you're Trekkies H. That'll help you "Live ling and prosper".

I'm glad The Shat can provide you with some inspiration during this crossroads of your life. Godspeed young ensign!

Dr X

Fred said...

Hmmm.... Perhaps M would consider a teaching position...Trekkie Studies.

Shat for Bran huh? Isn't "shat" the past participle for another word?

There is a cereal called BLAST --it has that creepy quaker oats dude on the box. Shatner would be more fun.

karla said...

Dude! He even wants to sleep with common people. He's so great!

M said...

MajQa', H. Way to be inspired!

He's my Rocket Man.

M said...

Teaching could be fun! With H as my assistant, natch.

Kurt said...

You say Trekkie like it's a bad thing.

I do a very good version of the Star Trek fist fight music.

Don, American Idle said...

A real Trekkie calls him Bill (or Denny Crane).

donjmurray said...

Live Life....Live Life....Like your gonna die. cause you are.......

The Shat is the best!

H I was wondering when you would bring out the big guns. M, I don't know what you can do in response. I pity your position, the Shat is the SHAT. haha

Anonymous said...

what can he do? well, he came to me in a sex dream once, not the young william shatner, the OLD, one. A week later I was pregant.. go figure....