Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Now that H has been reimbursed (am I not entitled to payment for services and expertise?), I'm looking forward to my upcoming visit. I clearly didn't spend enough time with her over the holidays.

I do like home projects. As H can tell you, I'm always doing something to (hopefully improve) my house, though if it takes too long, I tend to get distracted, stop, and hope that someone else will finish it off. That never happens.


But our weekend will be different. I can tell her what to do, without any of her impudence. She'll thoughtfully listen to my advice and let me spend her money. (Furniture! Paint! Throw pillows!) She won't mock my colour wheel or collection of fabric swatches, or call me
Martha (to my face, anyway). If we get cranky, I know I can lighten the mood by using completely legitimate and relevant terms like butt gauge and stud finder.

We've got a packed agenda, but it won't all be work: she's also promised to take me to her favourite coffee house (!), tea house, and pub. Anything to distract her from crimping her hair.

9 comments:

H said...

I'm confident that if I pretend to take instructions and make a half-assed attempt at following them, M[artha] will get impatient do it herself. Then I'll be free to play with the stud finder and get girl-drink-drunk.

Anonymous said...

H may not be made of money M, so temper your spending!

Squirrel said...

do not let her crimp her hair. sometimes an older sister MUST step in and GUIDE. go Martha!

Kurt said...

Before and After pics, please. And During, if you want.

M said...

There will be pics a-plenty. We get quite snap-happy after a few girl drinks.

I forgot to include the term caulk in my post. That's a funny one. H, anything in need of caulking?

Anonymous said...

Crimped Hair???????

get a nice portable hair dryer and just blow it out nicely.

Although...crimped hair would mean involving a small searing hot dangerous appliance... which is tempting, but no, don't crimp.

dennis said...

Dennis wants to see some crimped hair. Dennis wonders what crimped is.

karla said...

"Stud Finder" I think, is Mark's favourite thing to say when we have to break out the laser level. He even used that one on my mother before.

Anonymous said...

oh.. I crimp my hair all the time.. is there something wrong with that?