Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Confrontation, Part 1

Okay, so M and I are having a problem.

Not the kind where I'm all like, "Say, M, may I please borrow your earrings?" and she's all like, "No, Bitch." This is more serious.

I recently moved from a more eastern Canadian province to seek my fortune in the West. The Pet Shop Boys, Jim Morrison, and even our beloved chanteuse Quebecoise Mitsou all condoned my decision in various songs.

Now, because I am on the shy side, and well, go outside only under the cover of night, I confess that I am a bit lonely. To ease my mind, M was supposed to come visit. Oh, the plans I made! The things we would see! (I was gonna take her to Glo Bowl for Pete's sake!) But alas, M cancelled, indefinitely. Seems she is "short of funds." I thought family was priceless, but whatev.

Because I have never been good at talking about my troubles, facing people, or making eye contact, I turn to our blog as a much-needed communication tool. M, this is from the heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was absolutely brilliant H. I laughed til I stopped. I particularly liked the comic. :)

Way to make M feel guilty, though.

Dr X

Kurt said...

That's a bummer. You really can't buy fun, so whenever money can be exchanged for good times, you should go for it. Not to M-bash, though, because I recently passed on joining a friend for a portion of his cross-country drive due, in part, to the cost.

M said...

Keep it up and I won't visit you in August/September. HA! Hardly "indefinite", you little brat.

You'll feel better after a cookie.

karla said...

Oh my goodness! H! As in the H who, last time we saw each other involved copious amounts of wine drinking and a sleepover and the sharing of some pink yoga pants?