Wednesday, June 27, 2007

And the Wiener Is...

Phew! Now that M's birthday has officially passed, I can stop being all "Hurray, it's your special day!" and "Of course some people consider cat fur on a T-shirt fashionable." M, did you honestly think I was going to let you talk about that article (see M's previous post) and then not say anything? Whatev.

Hey, even if M's IQ is three whole points higher than mine, the fact is that her BQ (or Bitterness Quotient) is off the charts. I can trace it back to the summer of 1989. Our mother forced us to enter a summer reading program at the library, where the children who read the most books over eight weeks received glory, fame, and a gift certificate for a hot dog at Dock Lunch.

Now, M is a speed reader. Seriously, she went through Anna Karenina like it was a flip book. But that summer I got the prize. Now, maybe it was because they mixed up our first names, but I'm not going to sit here yelling "Recount!" after all these years. Also, she tried to stuff my victory hot dog in my ear. After I'd already put mustard on it.

But I digress. My big question about this article concerns the second-born siblings "who became the eldest in the household after an older sibling had died. Their scores came out the same, on average, as those of biological firstborns." So, does this mean that if something tragic and, of course, completely unexpected were to happen to M, my IQ would actually go up? Something to think about...

5 comments:

M said...

Mustard (yellow) looks good on you.

I look annoyed in that picture - were you bugging me again?

Anonymous said...

Since everyone cares what I think, here are my thoughts:
- Cat hair on T-shirts is chique.
- M would never be bitter about anything, she's a perfect angel.
- I'm an uber-fast reader too.
- Who wouldn't like getting a hotdog in the ear?
- M is incapable of looking as annoyed as in that photo, it must be a fake.
- I support the Bush administration.

M's BQ is no match for my SQ (Sarcasm Quotient)!

Dr X

Anonymous said...

I don't know what nitrates are and it scares me.

Kurt said...

That IQ thing is BS; I'm the youngest of four, and I'm WAY smarter than my siblings.

H said...

1. This picture was taken when you were thinking about hotdogs. Duh.
2. I, too, believe that IQ = BS (unless it somehow worked in my favour, of course)