Friday, June 29, 2007

Can't We All Be Winners? No?

No, H, I guess I should have known better than to think you'd let it pass.

Part of what makes H an interesting and lovable nemesis is her wiliness, and not in a classic cartoon coyote way. She's quite good and I've had quite the time figuring out how she does it. From an early age, she unassumingly got what she wanted; in all fairness, sometimes it was deserved. I wish I knew how she did it. I do know that she has a damn good memory. She is younger by nearly two years, and she did obsessively document her life, so that all helps. I'll start remembering events soon and return the many favours.

Until then, here it is: when H reveals and probably exaggerates less than flattering stories about me (when she's basically being, well, H), I'll award her a "bratty buck". We'll see how quickly she accumulates them, let's say, by the end of the summer. I haven't decided how to "reward" her. Suggestions are welcome. Perhaps I'll set up a poll.


Non negotiable, natch.

6 comments:

donjmurray said...

Wow, I bet H wil be a "bratty buck" millionare soon. I wish those bucks could be used at the champagne shop. ahhhhhh

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that H has such a strong wit and memory, given her affinity for beer...

What was I saying? Oh yeah. Beer kills brain cells, which makes H's memory impressive.

I like the bratty buck. Perhaps she could redeem 20 of them for a steak dinner. :)

Dr X

Kurt said...

Ha!

H said...

If you wish to feed my soon-to-be mighty empire of brattiness, then by all means.... (Well played, by the way. Feck.)

M said...

H, you can use your bucks for champers, only if you watch me drink it. A steak dinner is good too, since you don't eat steak. See how it works?

Don't worry, we'll think of something interesting for you!

Anonymous said...

that might work for my siblings.