Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tickling the Intellect

Birthdays are big in my family. We tend to make a bit of fuss, as ably demonstrated by H, the little scamp! Happily, I was properly fĂȘted all weekend and am feeling quite good about returning to work and waiting another year before I can whine "But it's my birthday" to do whatever I want while encouraging other people to do things for me. I'm also feeling good about the next bit.

A friend sent me a link to an article from the New York Times on Friday, and it's simply perfect: Study Says Eldest Children Have Higher IQs

Take the article with a smallish grain of salt, though for my purposes, it's bang on. I have a lot of life experience, and I often - very sweetly - offer sound advice to my siblings when I feel they need it. (In no way do I resemble this guy.) So really, the best present of all is knowing that when I say to my sisters "here's what you do" or "if I were you", they should rightly listen to me. FACE.

For all their teasing, my sisters really do know my likes:

* Actually given to M, who can't wait to use it


** Actually drunk by M & company


*** Actually given to M - 31 delicious pieces of candy! Her dentist can soon finance his cottage.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that study means very big differences in IQ, but since I'm the oldest child in my family, I like it! :)

And I think your sisters are sweet for giving you such a great birthday. Don't eat that candy all at once!

Dr X

Kurt said...

Great presents!

H said...

Ah, wish I could've been there to celebrate in person (i.e., drink the champagne and eat the candy) and recite your anagram live!

Anonymous said...

Good champagne choice.

Squirrel said...

looks like perfect loot to me!

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the champagne! :)