Friday, June 22, 2007

Bonne Fête, M! [trans: M has bony feet]

So after many, many minutes of trying to come up with a suitable gift for M on this, the day of her birth, I ultimately let two factors rule my decision. #1 is my serious lack of this thing you call "money" and #2 is that, just like I'm not supposed to say "fuck" at Christmas, I'm not supposed to be a bitch on M's birthday. The following are three gifts that I think are very nice. Oh, and M might like them, too.

First, the song we sang for birthdays when we were children:

Ma chère M
C'est à ton tour
De te laisser
Parler d'amour

Second, a few of the best anagrams you can make with M's full name:

Lunar Lamb Algae
An Umbrella Gala
Grab All Alumnae
A Banal Mall Urge
Anal Bulge Alarm (H's personal fave)

Third, final, but certainly not crappiest, are some gratuitous animal pics, 'cause they're kewl.


Mortimerlin


Babs and Oblio


A Wild Wabbit

Happy 31st Birthday, M! (What, you thought I wouldn't mention the number?)

4 comments:

M said...

Dear H, those were the best presents ever! (Is it still wrong to want money?)

I'm relieving my schoolgirl days. The anagrams are brilliant (thanks to my rampant consumerism, "A Banal Mall Urge" speaks to me). The pictures are adorable.

Cheers, kiddo!

karla said...

Mark and Karla say Happy Birthday M. Enjoy your weed...I mean...catnip.

Mark and I just had fun turning our names into anagrams.

Mark's name gives you:
A Dam Ark Cue
A Cake Ad Rum
A Ad Rake Cum

Using my maiden name was much better because we got the word clam and load in the same sentence and this made us laugh because we are 12:
Clam Drank Load
A Clad Lard Monk

Anonymous said...

Those are some fine birthday presents H. I especially like the anagrams. The pictures are cute too. :)

And Mark and Karla's anagrams are hilarious!

Dr X

Kurt said...

I wish I remembered when I was 31.