Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Competition is the Spice of Life

H and I have temporarily joined forces to plan our sisterly olympiad and we're posting the pertinent bits for your enjoyment.

Time and Place
Saturday, July 28, afternoonish, at M's

What are We Doing and Why?
We're officially competing in a series of silly events, because 1) we enjoy competing with each other, 2) it's our bit, 3) we can (and our friends and family humour us), and 4) we have nothing better to do. Mostly, we're doing it all for the glory, even if it's not officially recognized glory. Which we think gives us heart. In a way.

As long as the winner is celebrated, and the loser, humiliated.

Official Judges
E: Our sassy youngest sister, spitfire of the family, and famed Ginger Kid. She knows our tricks and how to keep us in line. She claims to love us both equally. We've tried bribing, cajoling and threatening her; she remains impartial. And oh so pretty.


I (aka the "Croatian Sensation"): An all-around good guy and smokin' bit of man. He's a tall drink of water who enjoys laughing, watching movies, walking in the rain, and kittens. He's also E's boyfriend and has nothing to gain from myself or H winning.

Early props to our judges!

Competitions
Here's how it will go down. Our competitions, in no particular order:
- Who can hula hoop the longest
- Who can go longest without laughing
- Who can win at arm wrestling
- Who can win at Rock-Paper-Scissors
- Who can spit a watermelon seed the farthest
- Who can go the longest without swearing
- Who can win at badminton
- Who can steal the most of the other's stuff unnoticed
- Who can stand on one leg the longest

Humiliation
We've selected an appropriate humiliation, one which honours the spirit of this blog: The loser must post an entry praising the winner, with nary a sarcastic or snarky bit to be found.

Yes, competition can bring out the worst in people, but damn it, we love it.


One will triumph...


... one will not.

9 comments:

H said...

Be afraid, M. As I type this, I am somberly hula hooping on one leg, doing curls with one arm and RPS with the other, all while holding a racquet in the corner of my mouth and shooting watermelon seeds out my nose. And did I mention that all these props are stolen from you? Plus I didn't swear once in that paragraph. So there.

(PS, if we had a competition for who is the biggest suck-up, you would surely win.)

Anonymous said...

Good luck to both of you for the "Who can go the longest without swearing" competition. That'll be hilarious!

I can't wait to read the loser's posting praising the winner. Let the games begin!

Dr X

P.S. I had no idea there was an official "Ginger Kids" website. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. G. I. Joe!

Anonymous said...

Croatian Sensation approve.

Croatian Sensation inflict judge.

Croatian Sensation castigate if disobey.

Anonymous said...

See everyone? My sisters DO listen to me...they took my idea for a humiliation. Goooood sisters...

karla said...

When this event takes place in the afternoonish hours at M's place, will there be a web cam to record the action live?

Kurt said...

I'm calling my bookie.

Anonymous said...

Good thing most of these don't require "opinated judging" believe me, little sister may think she is impartial, she may say she is impartial, but she likes one of you better. I have several marvelous older sisters, really super gals...but I have my fave--the one who loves me most.

Karima said...

It's 6 pm on Sat July 28th EST. No updates? I checked here and CNN.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pickle, I heard something on Entertainment Tonight.. Lindsay Lohan is no longer the top news.. the M and H scandolous games are... what the heck happened?