Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Two Words: Woo Hoo!

It has been 4 days since my glorious victory, and since then I have been shuttling between Canada's most populous province, its richest province, and its most symmetrical province. So without further ado, here are the official competition results

Badminton: Winner H: 21-19
Miss "The Sun Was In My Eyes" M was not match for the Great H.

Swearing: Winner M: "shitty"
I was doomed with this one, for fuck's sake. But I did last almost 3 hours, which is more than anyone imagined.

Who laughs first: Winner M: "penis dans une boite"
We often amuse ourselves with nonsensical translations. Guess you had to be there.

Balancing badminton racquet on head: Winner H
M suggested this impromptu competition because she's always thought she had the best posture. Wa ha ha!

Hula hoop: Winner H
I imagined I was the planet Saturn, and it's like the hoop had always been there.

Standing on one leg the longest: Winner H
M got way to ambitious here. She hopped around the yard, which only served to tire her out prematurely.

Rock-Paper-Scissors: Winner H: 4-3
M tried to invent the "all-consuming demon," a trumping move, but I wouldn't go for it.

Spitting farthest: Winner M
M has a loooong history of spitting at me, so she'd had way too much practice.

Arm wrestling: Winner H
This was the sweetest plum. My sisters always bug me about being "so small" and "so weak" (e.g., my nickname is Halfpint). M is still reeling from the shock of losing to someone so "pocket-sized." I must go flex now.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is H short for "Half-pint"? :)

Seriously, though, congratulations on your triumph H. Just remember that it'll be even harder for M to write something praising you after reading this posting!

Dr X

Kurt said...

Nice play-by-play. So is the title for life?

Anonymous said...

The weekend was wonderful. The playing plentiful. The competition competitive. I just hope that M gets her birdy off the roof. har har

djm

M said...

Enjoy the victory, rest on your laurels, etc. You did say your stuff was flame-retardant, right?

The title is definitely NOT for life. We'll never stop competing. NEVER!

karla said...

I really need Mark here to translate that french for me, but did you say penis in a box? Because that made me laugh out loud.

Also? Do you really hand your laundry outside to dry? Like, that has got to be the most wholesome thing in the whole entire universe.

M said...

It's from an SNL sketch, called "Dick in a Box". It's pretty funny, if you like that sort of thing, which we clearly do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKOiBZpUKW8

And not only is it wholesome, but hanging laundry out to dry saves money too. LOTS of it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Dick-in-a-Box is the latest gift craze. You can make one by following these steps:

1.Make a hole in the box.

2. Put it in the box.

3. Add a bow (optional).

And M's totally wholesome - when she's not drinking or swearing! :)

Dr X

Anonymous said...

OMG, these comments really made me laugh!

Swearing: Winner M: "shitty"
I was doomed with this one, for fuck's sake. But I did last almost 3 hours, which is more than anyone imagined.

Who laughs first: Winner M: "penis dans une boite"
We often amuse ourselves with nonsensical translations. Guess you had to be there.

It was nice to laugh... felt good