Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Sister's Crack

M has never been much for drinking liquor or doing drugs. (Thankfully, because she's a mean drunk and is way too philosophical when high.) But she has one serious addiction: coffee. I don't think she had ever seen God until it appeared in a form she could truly worship, which is Starbucks.

Any time of the day, no matter what the activity, M can drink a coffee. I'm surprised she doesn't keep a go-cup next to her on the treadmill, but maybe she just hasn't thought of it yet. The mere mention of the hot beverage (or her "dark master" as she calls it) and her eyes light up. Once, I even caught her lovingly patting her coffee mug, and I swear she uttered the words "my precious."

M, you need to take the caffeine quiz:

1. Do you drink more than three ventis or the equivalent per day?

2. Are you irritable and otherwise bitchy when your sweet sister suggests you've had enough?

3. Have you often said, "I can stop any time I want." but known it was all a lie?

Of course I already know the answers.


M is jonesing right now, I know it.

12 comments:

dennis said...

Dennis is a triple espresso shot cat. Dennis is a bit afraid of Captain Howdy.

H said...

I hear ya, Dennis. I told Captain Howdy to fuck off.

Bobby D. said...

It seems like only yesterday that M was a harem-scarem child with dirty hands and a willful heart--and now she is all grown up and a java junkie

taco said...

Nothing like a big hot cup of joe to wake a person up on a cold Canadian morning.

Anonymous said...

When I read the title of this post, I assumed it would be an "ass revenge shot". I was wrong.

I think M needs to go to rehab! All the stars are doing it.

karla said...

I tried to give up coffee in college, and oh my fuck! The headaches! I ended up drinking endless cans of coke just to cope with the withdrawal, and then I got my first cavity.

Needless to say, my hiatus from coffee was short lived when I switcehd to caffeine pills and realized how stupid that was when I could just brew a cup of coffee.

M, I can totally relate.

Elma said...

Darling M,

I just could not function on even the best day without numerous cups of my Buqisi Sumatra blend!
--NOT drink coffee all day long? Why it doesn't bear thinking about!

Kurt said...

I only have a half cup in the morning. Does that make me boring?

Anonymous said...

what would happen to North America if all of the coffee addicts went into rehab? North America would go out of business, that's what!

M said...

Dammit H, you're giving me intervention flashbacks!

Bobby D. said...

H -You inspired me to post about one of my older sisters--the "Martha Stewartish" one.

Anonymous said...

hmmm that pic of tim hortons is sacraligious! Starbucks rules!