Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wil You Be My Valentine?

For the third and final installment of my series, M's Ex-Boyfriends: A Retrospective, I go back, wayyyyy back, to M's first true love. Okay, so he was never her boyfriend. In fact they never even met -- except in her dreams! Oh yes, he is the one and only...

...Wil Wheaton.

Awhile back, I revealed what a geeky Trekkie M is. You may remember Wil Wheaton from his role as that kid from Star Trek: The Next Generation as well as Gordie in the film Stand By Me. I think M was about 10 or 11 when she first took notice of what a fine young man Wil Wheaton was. M, I know you may not have thought about him in many years, but let's take a little trip down memory lane.

I remember walking into M's room (uninvited and with much protest from her) and looking around with bewilderment at the dozens and dozens of Tiger Beat and Bop posters plastered everywhere, each and every one featuring Wil Wheaton.

"Ew! You LOVE him!" I would exclaim.

"So what if I do? Why don't you beam the hell out of here, you stupid little Klingon?" M would snap back.

Oh yes, she would have defended Wil to the death. I tested this idea many times and still have the scars.




Wil Wheaton, looking non-threatening, with still a hint of "come hither."




Wil Wheaton liked to wear many watches. Or "Swatches" as they were called then. M said that he believed doing so would ensure that time never stopped, which she thought was supremely deep and philosophical. I never quite got it.





This red pillow might be Wil's, but more likely, it's yer daughter's. Snap.




It's warp speed to true love, Captain. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

P.S. Tomorrow M flies to the city where I live for a long weekend visit. If she happens to kill me upon arrival, because of this blog post, please contact your local police service and tell our other sister, E, that she must take care of my cats. Thank you.

18 comments:

M said...

I won't have to wait until tomorrow. I've taken a hit out on you today.

Anonymous said...

Oh and don't worry...I've already made flight arrangements for your kittehs to come stay with Auntie E.

Kurt said...

Mr. Wheaton has a very strong Internet presence, as I'm sure M knows, and he posts to his blog regularly. Not that I check.

Anonymous said...

I doubt M's phaser will be set to stun when she arrives. Shields up H!

Squirrel said...

he has a sweet Kristy MacNichol vibe going--except he's a bit more feminine.

Bobby D. said...

I will comment on this post later, I am too tired to rip wil to shreads right now.

please help Cergie with her experiment bu leaving your b'days on my blog (month and day only)

M said...

Truthfully, I'm still fond of him. A girl never forgets her first crush(er). :-)

Coffee Messiah said...

What can I say? ; (

yes said...

Those are totally FAKE swatches! Wil Wheaton was the original CHAV.

I salute him!

Alan Smithee said...

Wil's recent guest appearance on Numb3rs showed that he still has it. In spades.

Bobby D. said...

wil is kinda cute

Avid Reader said...

I have been reading about M. de Canada's past boyfriends and think that this would be an excellent topic to discuss in a future class.

dennis said...

Dennis is sad that the 3 part series is at an end.

Anonymous said...

Wil Wheaton is a genius! I have always found wearing watches on my wrist to be extremely frustrating. I've tried the left, the right, on the inside, and on the outside. It was always the same thing: it required me having to do an unnatural movement with my arm to bring the watch into my sightline. Now that I put them on my ankle, all that has changed. A simple motion upwards with my leg and gravity pulls my pant leg down slightly to reveal the time. Thank you Wil Wheaton! You've changed my life!

Avid Reader said...

I hope the sisters are having a great time together!

Squirrel said...

yeah the sisters are out partying eating mexican food and drinking those giant margaritas and forgetting about all the poor tragic people who are NOT partying with their beloved sisters...


enjoy your sister time, tho--it be precious

Fred said...

You girls think you can just not show up for classes?
Well, since you are honor students, we guess it is OK.

we just miss seeing you on campus.
hope you are well,

The Trustees

Professor Montblanc said...

hoping you will help me out with my field trip and gala brunch this week.