Monday, February 04, 2008

Winter Doldrums

I'm thoroughly saddened by the thought of six more weeks of winter. I'm a girl who likes distinct seasons, beginnings and endings, but I'm tired of freezing rain and salt stains and shovelling snow. Or watching my neighbours shovel snow. I don't even have the time or desire to build an awesome snow fort, so all this white stuff is useless to me. Not for the first time, I wish I could self-medicate and hibernate until Spring.

H, captured during a Christmas nap, has the right idea:



While I'm excited about visiting H, I'm already chilled thinking of the ridiculously cold temperatures in her city. I think that I'll head west with a Saint Bernard, equipped with a cask of brandy.


I've always wanted a dog. And brandy makes everything a little brighter. It will go nicely with the goods in her fridge.

17 comments:

Professor Montblanc said...

Brandy est le remède parfait pour trop de neige.
Brandy, le Feu et le bon livre.

dark, cold days can bring your spirits low, so you must go to the liquor store and buy more spirits.

Catlin said...

I love winter but then again, we almost never go below -5 C. I like having seasons.

H said...

1. What's doldrum?
2. Am I really somewhere in that picture?
3. Pack 'yer woolies!

Anonymous said...

Here's to brandy and the quick arrival of spring!

Kurt said...

Professor Montblanc looks a lot like Johnny Depp.

Elma said...

Oh I simply cannot abide the doldrums! I suggest cocktails and cashmere for you girls!

hex said...

Oh come on -47 is really not that cold!

Marguerite said...

Cergie and I were visited by Taco Fetischit and I don't know where I can find him (her)
I saw on his (her) profile he (she) lives in Sweden. I have a Swede blog-friend living in Paris for 30 years. He writes his blog in English. He is Peter
I have a blog-friend who is Finnish. She can speak English, French, Swedish, English Finnish. She is HPY. On her blog, it is rather weird how the comment and the posts are written. It would be interesting for Taco to have a glimpse on their blogs

Cheers.

taco said...

hmmm... I did not mean to misrepresent, I live up near Rochester NY in a town called Sweden. We have easy acces to the famous Erie Canal and we once had a famous button factory. Now we have a Walmart and a new modern library. I am a soldier for the Salvation Army. I love tacos, and it is not easy to just go and get a good Taco in Sweden, so I make them myself.

I think Mexican food is very cheery and would help with Canadian winters. Do you gilrs have any Mexican restaurants in your Godforsaken villages?

Anonymous said...

Do you people live in small villages?

Bob Dylan said...

Cheer up, Spring is a mere 6 weeks away!

Bob Dylan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Squirrel said...

having the doldrums is better than having the redrums. (Tony told me that)

M said...

Excellent comments and suggestions, all! Any excuse for a cocktail and spicy food.

Elma said...

I bring good news M---only FIVE and a half weeks until spring for you!

dennis said...

Dennis says wooly coats and thick quilts are the answer!

H said...

By the way, where I live there are tacos o' plenty.